Monday, October 5, 2009

Ripening Persimmons

Dear silly Sadie, in her earlier years she was a hermit crab traveler with her artist husband George. They have been settled in a more permanent abode for many years now and live down the street in our quiet little neighborhood we share. She has the most wonderful persimmon tree and every year Sadie bequeaths to me an ample supply. They ripen so quickly so I find myself this evening pushing persimmons thru the foodmill. From the puree I'll make persimmon bread and as if in a ritual dance, I'll take some of the bread down to Sadie and George who show their gratitude by bringing me more persimmons next year. Such a wonderful cycle...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Marginalized

What do you do or say when people are visibly uncomfortable and fall into silence when told a loved one has passed away? I ...