Tuesday, December 29, 2009

And this happens every day






I ‘ll see better when the smoke clears inside my head
And I can listen when the screaming doesn’t repeat everything I’ve said
All that remains is me and who I am at the end of the day
And this happens everyday…
This happens every day…
Toby Lightman






We’ve been at Rancho Conejo a full moon’s cycle. I’ve seen the morning tides high and the tides greet the dawn low. I’ve played in one of the Lord’s greatest playgrounds and came out unscathed and restored. I’ve felt the wind blow with fury heavy from the northwest and felt the gentle whisper of the wind off the desert combing back the surface of the Pacific yielding perfection. I wasn’t able to fish her waters but I prayed for fish and fish was given. I’ve praised God, pleaded to God and loved God. I sang sweetly to Jesus with my dear man on Christmas Eve in the still and dark of the night and knew where the light was. I cried when friends moved on. I’ve had the privilege of meeting a variety of people who share the same love for an area of the Baja peninsula that remains to this day barely touched. Too rugged for most but delightfully secluded for some. We found a wonderful location to store “Evie”. What a blessing she was as she carried us through this magical vacation. My mother’s namesake, I knew we were safe, she is with Him and He is with us.



As my sights turn to the New Year I’m eager for whatever lays ahead. Finding myself in need of a pause and being blessed to get one with a man that God has most assuredly touched in a special way and put into my life. Yes, my cup runneth over…
Vaya con Dios mi amigos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Marginalized

What do you do or say when people are visibly uncomfortable and fall into silence when told a loved one has passed away? I ...