Thursday, October 3, 2019

Shadow of a Doubt




Awakening in the shadow of a doubt.  Heavy and gray.  I passed into sleep last night after having the sweet occasion to be among those who fortify and share the same love for God as I do.  

So this feeling of doubt points to the one who deceives me, attempting to thwart the good intended for me.  

Scripture tells me to look around at my brothers and sisters in Him.  In them I see hearts breaking for those who don't know Him.  In them, I see the desire to reach out and share what has made such a difference in their own lives.  The very thing that gives them hope and purpose.  In them, I see a love for others.  It's in their love that I see God.  He truly works through people.

 My vision sharpens, the weight lightens and I see that what is offered to me is the choice to believe or disbelieve.  Once again my decision rests heavily on the side of belief.  Belief in the One who seeks and saves.  Belief in the One who accepts me as I am and forgives me for all I am not.  I'm at peace again knowing and resting in a love like no other.  What is offered by Jesus is far greater and richer than anything this world has to offer me. 



Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.  So I will bless you as long as I live.  In your Name, I will lift up my hands.
Psalm 63:3-4


No comments:

Post a Comment

Marginalized

What do you do or say when people are visibly uncomfortable and fall into silence when told a loved one has passed away? I ...